10 Gift Card Ideas for Baby Shower Game Prizes
Planning a baby shower is a big task. You have to think about food, decorations, games, favors. Let the shower game prizes be simple, easy, and just what your guests want.
Why Gift Cards?
- It saves you time.
- The guests will get exactly want they like because they get to pick it out.
- You won't look cheap.
- It's a practical gift that will get used.
- It won't get thrown in the trash as soon as the guests get home.
|Baby Shower Game Prize Gift Card Holder|
How much should you put on a gift card for a baby shower game prize?
Anywhere between $5-$25 is a fair gift. Consider the average cost of the place you are giving the gift card for. Gifting a manicure might cost $10-15. If you're giving a gift card for a higher end boutique you might want to do $20-$25.
If you're on a budget choose a gift card to a place that has reasonable priced single items. For example a $5 gift card to a coffee shop will get the recipient a free coffee or pastry.
Are gift cards a good prizes for a baby shower game?
If you're still on the fence about whether or not gift cards for game prizes are a good idea, you might want to think about these things.
- Consider how many games you will be playing.
- How many guests you plan to have.
- Does it fit your budget.
Don't think of it as just giving money. You're giving an experience; A shopping spree, a movie night, a dinner out, a manicure, a pick me up. Your guests will love it.
How to choose your gift cards
Think about what your family and friends like or like to do. If you know they regularly go to the movies a movie gift card might be a good fit. If all your friends are coffee drinkers a Starbucks card might be perfect. In the end if you can't decide choose something you would like and most likely the people who are closest to you will like it too. Women like to feel appreciated, pampered, and need to do things for themselves.
10 Baby Shower Game Prize Ideas
- Movie Night - gift certificate for a movie theater
- Manicure/Pedicure - a gift card to a local nail salon
- Spa Treatment - Bath, and Body Works gift card
- Shopping Spree - a gift card to your favorite boutique
- Pick Me Up - Starbucks gift card or local coffee shop
- Dinner Out - Choose your favorite restaurant or a local diner
- New Music - ITunes or Amazon gift card
- Target Gift Card - Who doesn't love a Target run
- Amazon Gift Card - The world's largest selection
- Something Sweet to Eat - indulge their sweet tooth with a gift certificate to a local ice cream shop, cupcake bar, candy shop
These ideas can also be used for diaper raffle winners, door prizes, co-ed baby shower prizes, or giveaways.
How to present gift cards as baby shower game prizes
If you don't like the idea of just handing over a gift card, wrap it in an adorable gift card holder. Some stores provide a holder or you can purchase one. These are my favorite for baby shower game prizes. There are lots of colors and patterns to choose from. You can go generic or pick something that matches your baby shower theme.
|Diaper Shaped Gift Card Holders|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog in this way*
What other gift card ideas do you have for your baby shower game prizes? Tell us below